- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz block Odyssey Traditional Feta Cheese + more for optional garnish
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with juices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- Fresh basil, chopped (garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Add cherry tomatoes and 1 tbsp olive oil to oven safe baking dish. Toss to combine. Add block of feta into center of dish, moving tomatoes to surround the feta. Flip feta over to coat top with olive oil. Season tomatoes and feta with salt and pepper.
- Bake tomatoes and feta for 35-40 minutes or until tomatoes burst.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, chicken stock, fresh thyme and garlic, stirring to combine. Let simmer until baked feta is done cooking.
- Once done cooking, smash tomatoes and feta in the baking dish then transfer to simmering pot, stirring to combine.
- Serve soup over quinoa and top with crumbled feta, fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste.