Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields 6 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Finely Ground Lamb
- 14.5 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Onion, Drained
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Finely Shredded mint or Cilantro
- 6 Cracker Bread (5 in.) Rounds
- 3 Tbsp. Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Pine Nuts
- 6 oz. Traditional Odyssey® Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in 10″ skillet. Add lamb, breaking up into fine pieces. Cook until just brown. Add lamb mixture ingredients through salt and pepper. Cook at simmer until quite dry and flavors are developed, about 15 minutes.
- Place the cracker bread rounds on a baking sheet. Divide lamb mixture over each. Sprinkle divided portions of olives, pine nuts, and Feta cheese over.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cracker crust is brown and Feta cheese is soft and warm.
- Serve immediately.