Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Advanced
- 1 container Odyssey Cranberry Feta Cheese
- 2 large Leeks, sliced into quarters
- 3/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tbsp cold Butter
- 4, 5-7 oz. Walleye Fillets, skin removed
- 2-3 oz. Beer of choice
- Dijon Mustard, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Lemon, quarted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust Directions: Put bread crumbs into medium bowl. Pour melted butter onto bread crumbs until combined. Add container of cranberry feta and mix all together.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Coat all sides of pan with sunflower oil. Place leeks into pan and cook until brown and blistered on one side; turn over (about 5 minutes each side).
- Lay walleye fillets right on top of cooking leeks. Take a spoon and lightly coat back side of the fillets with Dijon mustard. Top fillets evenly with cheese and bread crumb mixture.
- Pour beer into pan evenly (2-3 oz.). Sprinkle dash of salt on top. Place skillet into preheated oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and plate food. Do NOT drain skillet. Place skillet oven medium heat, add 1 tbsp cold butter and let sizzle. Once butter is melted, spoon onto walleye.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon quarter.
Recipe courtesy of chef Ryan Boughton.