Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Difficulty Level: Advanced
- 1 lb ripe créole tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 oz) package Odyssey Traditional Feta Cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Garnish: olive oil, fresh basil, salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Cut tomatoes into 15 equal slices, and place on a thick layer of paper towels. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unfold sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out to fit pan, about 15 inches. Transfer to parchment lined pan. Gently score the edges with a knife, being careful not to cut all the way through. Pierce center of puff pastry throughout with a fork to prevent the center from rising or bubbling when baking.
- In a bowl of a food processor, place cream cheese, basil, garlic, olive oil and egg; process until smooth, stopping to scrape the Sides of the bowl as necessary. Spread cream cheese mixture onto dough. Arrange tomato slices on top of cream cheese mixture, overlapping to fit and necessary. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake until edges of pastry are browned, puffed, and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with basil, flakes salt, and pepper, if desired. Let cool before serving.