Active Time: 35 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups Odyssey Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese, divided (12 oz.)
- 2 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2” cubes
- 4 metal or water-soaked wooden skewers
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz. fresh baby arugula or baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- 1 pint multi-colored or red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Lemon wedges
- Place the water, 1 cup feta, salt and pepper in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour brine in a sealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grease grill grate. Heat grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from brine; pat dry with paper towel. Discard brine.
- Thread chicken on skewers.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in meat reads 165 degrees F. Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place the arugula, tomatoes and olives in large bowl; drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat. Add remaining feta; gently toss.
- Transfer salad to serving plates; top with chicken. Serve with lemon wedges.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin