Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, dices
- 3 cups slices fresh or frozen okra
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8 oz) chunk Odyssey Traditional Feta Cheese – Salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add greenpepper and onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add okra and corn and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Creole seasoning, thyme and hotpepper sauce; stir. Let simmer for about 3 minutes. Add feta and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.