Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 box of your favorite bread stuffing mix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1, 8 oz container Odyssey Traditional Chunk in Brine Feta
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven according to stuffing directions.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, drizzle in the olive oil and add the bacon.
- Add the onions, celery, apple, and sage to the pan with the bacon. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions become transparent.
- In the same pan, add the stuffing mix and toss.
- Carefully pour in the stock and stir to evenly combine all the ingredients. The stuffing should be wet, but not soupy.
- Finally crumble and add the feta cheese to the stuffing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the stuffing in a buttered casserole dish, Cover with foil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or according to package directions.
Recipe created by, Kate E. Stuart, for Odyssey Feta Cheese