Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 4 cups spiralized butternut squash noodles
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 10 medium, fresh sage leaves
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 6oz container Odyssey Traditional Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the spiralized squash noodles on the parchment and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Gently toss to coat with the oil.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Noodles should be al dente like pasta.
- While noodles are cooking, put 1 tablespoon oil into a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork sausage, fennel, and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage as it browns.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly. Within 1-2 minutes the butter will begin to brown. Add the sage leaves and carefully swirl it around the pan until they become fragrant and darken a bit. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl or serving platter, toss the cooked squash noodles, sausage, and cranberry feta in the browned butter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe created by, Kate E. Stuart, for Odyssey Feta Cheese.