Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 3 serrano peppers, seeded & chopped
- 2 2.5oz cans sliced olives, drained
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Odyssey Greek Sour Cream
- 8, 5-inch corn tortillas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups colby-jack cheese, shredded
- cilantro, finely chopped
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Stir in flour, cooking for 1 minute and then whisk in chicken broth. Stir 2-3 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
Stir chili powder, salt, oregano, peppers, and black olives into the sauce. Place chicken into pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Leaving the heat on low, remove chicken from pan and place on cutting board, shredding into bite-sized pieces.
Stir Greek sour cream into the sauce, add tortillas and chicken. Stir until combined and top with shredded cheese. Cover pan and cook until bubbly and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.