Yields: 3 servings
Total time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- 1, 8oz chunk Odyssey Traditional Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tbsp fig preserves or blackberry jam
- assorted crackers or toasted breads
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place Feta in a non-greased 8-inch cast-iron skillet; drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with thyme. Place in oven, and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven (pan will be hot!)
- Top Feta with preserves; baste with warmed honey from bottom of pan. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes or until top begins to lightly brown. Serve with crackers.
Tip: Mix and match Feta with olives, veggies, cured meats, and fruit on a cheeseboard or in a big salad. Sweet honey and preserves balance the saltiness of the cheese in this appetizer; pair it with chilled champagne or rose, and let the party begin.