Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 4 boneless pork chops*
- 1, 6 oz. container Odyssey Cranberry Feta Cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut pocket in each pork chop, bone in pork chops can be used as well. Season each pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. When cooled, crumble or chop. Reserve 1 tbsp of the bacon fat, discard the rest.
- In a bowl, combine the feta, bacon, nuts, and rosemary. Stir together using a fork to break up the feta so the nuts and feta are uniform in size.
- Carefully cut pocket in each pork chop. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the stuffing into each chop.
- Add the reserved bacon fat to skillet on medium heat. Place pork chops in skillet and brown each side, roughly 3 minutes (this step is optional, and the chops can go straight into the oven at this point).
- Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, OR until a thermometer registers 160 degrees.
*Can also use chicken breasts in place of pork chops.
Recipe created by Kate E. Stuart.