Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus extra for pans
- 4 large red onions
- coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 lbs. butternut squash, cut into 1/2″ wedges, peeled OR unpeeled
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leave, or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1, 6 oz container Odyssey Cran-Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly coat two large baking sheets with olive oil.
- Peel onions, leaving root ends intact. Cut each onion in half, and then cut each half into 4 wedges. Spread on a baking sheet, sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Put the squash in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt and about 1/4 tsp pepper; toss to coat. Spread on baking sheet, peel side down (if intact).
- Place both pans in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables have taken on some color and are cooked through.
- Combine squash and onions in a large bowl or on a serving platter. Top with cranberry feta, sprinkle with parsley, and drizzle a little olive oil on top. This dish can be served warm or at room temperature.
Recipe created by Kate E. Stuart.