Total Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- half a red onion, minced
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Odyssey® Cranberry Feta
- Soak the minced onion in a bowl of cold water for 5-10 minutes, then drain.
- In a bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, add the onion, lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse a few times.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in the oil and process until emulsified. Alternately, if you don’t have a food processor, add the ingredients to a bowl and slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- In another bowl, add the cranberry feta and mash with a fork breaking it into finer crumbles. Combine the feta crumbles with the vinaigrette, stir, and serve.
Recipe created by Kate E. Stuart.