Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 mintues
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 8 slices baguette bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pickled red onions
- red & orange grape tomatoes, diced
- 8oz. Odyssey Traditional Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 4oz. Odyssey Plain Greek Yogurt, choose fat %
- 4 tbsp butter
- Heat griddle or frying pan to medium heat. Scoop avocado into a small bowl. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil to bowl. Gently mash with a fork.
- To assemble the sandwich: Lay 1 slice of bread on cutting board or work surface. Top slice of bread with avocado spread, pickled red onion, diced tomatoes, and Feta cheese.
- Slather Greek yogurt on second slice of bread and place on top of the Feta. Repeat with remaining ingredients and bread.
- Melt butter in pan. Gently place sandwiches in pan starting with avocado side down. Grill until edges turn golden brown. Carefully flip each sandwich and grill other side. (Greek yogurt helps keep Feta cheese in place.)
Notes: To make the pickled red onions… Place half a thinly sliced red onion in a bowl. Add 1 cup apple cider vinegar and 3 tbsp sugar. Let sit for 20 minutes. Drain and use.