Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp (31-35), peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ¾ cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tsp ground chipotle chili pepper
- 2 dashes Salt and Pepper
- 12 “street tacos” mini corn tortillas (about 5 inches)
- 1 medium lime, halved
- 4 medium avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 12 oz Odyssey® Feta Cheese (2 Cups)
- Fresh cilantro
- Sliced radishes
- Lime Wedges
Combine the shrimp, 1/4 cup vegetable oil and chipotle chili pepper in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Warm the remaining vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas, one at a time, for about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Season with salt.
Drain oil from skillet; cool and discard oil. Add reserved shrimp to pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; squeeze juice from lime half over shrimp; toss.
Mash avocados with juice from the remaining lime half in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste; stir.
Spread avocado mixture over tortillas. Top with shrimp and queso fresco. Garnish with cilantro, lime wedges and radishes
© Dairy Famers of Wisconsin