Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 12 oz andouille sausage, cut into 1/2” slices
- 2 tsp chili powder, divided
- 2 cups white onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green creole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) can hot diced tomatoes with habaneros, undrained
- Dollop of Odyssey Greek Sour Cream
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, sausage and 1 teaspoon chili powder; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove meat mixture from saucepan; set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, green tomato and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add cumin, paprika, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until spices are fragrant.
- Return cooked meat mixture to saucepan; stir in crushed tomatoes, beans and undrained tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture is hot. Top each serving with sour cream and parsley.