Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 12 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 jar (12oz) roasted red peppers, drained
- 3/4 cup Odyssey Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- Warm oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Remove steak from pan; drain.
- Layer six slices of bread with 1/4 cup mozzarella, steak and red peppers. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and 2 tablespoons feta. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot chili sauce. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast sandwiches on a griddle or in a warm skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly golden brown and mozzarella is melted.
Recipe and photo © 2018 Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin