Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 32 heirloom red & yellow mixed grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 8 slices ciabatta or crusty bread
- 8, 1/8-inch thick slices Wisconsin fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 2/3 cup Odyssey Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 large basil leaves, roughly torn and a few sprigs for garnish
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, cut-side-down. Cook until starting to brown. Turn; cook until caramelized.
- Combine butter and red pepper flakes. Rub 1 side of each bread slice with cut side of garlic. Spread same side with butter mixture.
- Place 4 slices, buttered-side-down, in skillet over medium heat. Top each with 1 slice Mozzarella, tomatoes, Feta, onions, and basil; drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with another Mozzarella slice and bread slice, buttered-side-up. Grill, turning once until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Photo, copy and recipe copyright Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.