Total time: 25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted & sliced
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) Odyssey Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 slices of premium white bread
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pepperoncini for garnish, optional
- Mix cucumber, tomato, red bell pepper, onion, olives, and Feta in bowl. Place garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, and olive oil in jar. Cover and shake until oil emulsifies. Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Place 1 bread slice, buttered side down in skillet. Place half the mozzarella cheese over and top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up. Some salad and mozzarella will run off into skillet.
- Gently lift bottom bread to check. When golden brown, carefully flip sandwich to cook on the other side, reducing heat a bit to avoid burning bread. Press sandwich with spatula. When both sides are golden brown, remove from heat, slice in half and serve. Top with pepperoncini pepper if desired.