Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yields: 18 muffins
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup packed, dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick AND 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Odyssey® Greek Sour Cream
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and toast in the oven until fragrant and lightly browned (about 8 minutes)
Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine the pecans with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and 4 tbsp of the butter and pulse until the pecans are finely ground and the crumb topping resembles wet sand.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat the remaining 6 tbsp of butter with the granulated sugar at mdium speed until fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated, then beat in the sour cream, vanilla, and 2 tbsp of water. Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with 1/3 of the crumb topping. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining crumb topping evenly over the batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the tops are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.