Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1/2 lb. ground Lamb or Pork
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Pita Chips
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) Odyssey Traditional Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh Mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- Odyssey Reduced Fat Sour Cream, optional for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In medium skillet, over medium heat, brown meat and garlic, stirring frequently. Add cumin and oregano; mix well.
In large oven-safe dish, arrange layer of pita chips. Top with feta cheese, and bake until warm and soft, about 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with mint. Top with remaining ingredients.
Feta Cheese creatively crafted by Odyssey Brands
Our six Master Cheesemakers use the freshest Wisconsin cow’s milk with state-of-the-art equipment to create our cheese. The result is an award-winning Feta cheese products. Whether whole or crumbled- our feta cheese products are a tart, salty, and super tasty fresh cheese.