Active Time: 48 Minutes
Servings: 36 Cookies
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond-meal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1-stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Odyssey® Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- zest of 2 lemons (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp yellow gel food color (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) container lemon frosting
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 350⁰F. Line 2 large rimmed light-colored cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. To prevent cookie bottoms from over browning, set the parchment lined cookie sheet inside a second unlined cookie sheet. Baking with stacked cookie sheets gives needed insulation.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar and vanilla about 2-3 minutes. Add Greek Vanilla Yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and food color; beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients in two batches, beating well after each addition.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheets. Using thumb, press each cookie middle about halfway down.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time until done, about 18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and generously ice with lemon frosting. Store in an airtight container.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin