Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 prepackaged rolled single pie crust
- 1 cup frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 rib celery, peeled & finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup Buholzer Brother’s Brick Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup Buholzer Brother’s Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Odyssey Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Odyssey Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- Place pie crust into 9-inch non-stick tart pan and lightly press dough into pan. Then roll a rolling pin over the top of the pan to trim off the edges of excess dough and place pan on a rimmed sheet pan; set aside.
- If blind baking crust, follow the directions below in Italics. If NOT bling baking, continue with Step 3.
- Place oven rack in center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Place chopped spinach on paper towels to thaw, or place in microwave for about 30 seconds. Then, roll the paper towels around the spinach and squeeze, until the excess liquid has been removed. Place spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the shallot, celery, Brick cheese, Havarti cheese, Greek yogurt, Feta cheese, eggs, mustard, salt, and pepper. Using a fork, stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared tart pan.
- Bake until done (about 35-40 minutes). If top starts to brown, lighlty cover with foil. Let quiche rest for few minutes before slicing.
Blind Baking Steps: Place oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. After placing pie dough in tart pan, line the dough with a piece of parchment paper and evenly fill with pie weights; dried beans area good substitute. Place tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully remove parchment paper and pie weights. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Then continue with Step 4 and prepare ingredients as directed.