Active Time: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves or 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 container (8 ounces) of mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons Odyssey Brands® Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blackberries or 1 1/2 large fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 10 Popsicle molds or disposable cups and Popsicle sticks
- Cook and stir sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture just begins to boil. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in basil or rosemary. Cool completely for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain herbs from syrup; discard herbs.
- Whisk the mascarpone, yogurt, cream and 1/4 cup syrup in a bowl until smooth. Place blackberries or peaches and remaining syrup in a food processor; cover and purée until smooth.
- Fill molds or disposable cups alternating layers of mascarpone mixture and fruit purée, 1 tablespoon at a time, until almost full. Gently swirl layers. Place holder or cover with foil; insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin